[–]_Invisible-Child_ 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children), i like both. In short, be nice, respect this community and its members, don't try to sell or promote stuff, and be aware comments and submissions are both curated content within this space. Water can be heated over a campfire to pour into the press. I love everything about it. If you’re going to experience it right, you have to do justice … I'm not a fan of metal filters. $20 for a V60 is WAY cheaper than a decent drip machine or a Keurig. "[Gear][Video] How to install the PID mod on a Rancilio Silvia" - We know they can be kind of ugly but the are helpful we swear. How we selected finalists to test 2. Rendered by PID 9554 on r2-app-02756c093a6493954 at 2020-12-23 22:46:39.685331+00:00 running 6abf2be country code: GB. I too used to be fixated on the frencfh press but all over the aero and hario now. [–][deleted] 0 points1 point2 points 5 years ago (0 children), Maybe one of these for travelling? That being said, if you drink commercial grade coffee or you don't want to spend money on a gooseneck kettle, you're not really interested in working on your pouring technique, or buying paper filters, you might be better off with a French Press. the word "bright" is often used to describe it. Welcome to /r/coffee! A high quality dark roast? However, I've recently switched to the aero, and am learning to use the hario and I have to say I really really prefer that cleaner refined taste. [–]MinervaDreamingPour-Over 0 points1 point2 points 5 years ago (0 children). For non-informative or non-depthy-discussion "coffee culture" posts, please check out /r/cafe. Both are great brewing methods. Pour over is an easier and faster clean up, yes. About the Author: Bean Head. I've had mine for a full year now, and it gets a lot of use on the weekends. But in the contest between the French press vs. Pour Over machines, the true winner is you. and join one of thousands of communities. by Anah November 4, 2020. Two innovations for a better French press brew. What even is a "cup" (as a unit) of coffee? [Deals] - Please include cost, shipping and the website in the title. While others have mentioned using a metal filter instead for pourovers, I would advise against that as those cups tend to come out more like a french press. For more guides, gear, reading, news and links visit our Wiki Page! Are they easy to clean? I pretty much only use my french press when I travel. Each Espro press also comes with 25 optional paper filters, which the company says can make your French press taste like pour-over. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy. Compared with pour over, French press coffee is a lot more gritty and oily and it feels like it hits harder (flavor, not caffeine). French press – simple brewing for larger batches Image: Good Housekeeping. We run weekly special threads, listed below. I use different brewing methods depending on what I'm feeling, but generally I prefer my v60 over my french press. The flavor is a lot more robust and rich. and join one of thousands of communities. Best overall: JavaPresse 6. [–]OvaryActingJesusPour-Over 1 point2 points3 points 5 years ago (0 children). Probably do both and see which I like best! Pour-overs brew a lighter cleaner cup, and French press' make a grittier style of coffee. Good thing I’m not a barista anymore either, FFS those morning dial-ins felt like asking for a heart attack. use the following search parameters to narrow your results: We're equal parts a passionate horde of amiable amateurs and the back room lounge of the coffee industry. 1 point2 points3 points 5 years ago (0 children), Bodum 1308-16 Columbia 8-Cup Stainless-Steel Thermal Press Pot. They are both considered “full-immersion” brewers, meaning the coffee grounds sit in the hot water to steep before being separated. I use paper with mine, but I'd imagine you get plenty of oils with the metal one. 1. NOPE. Good coffee is all about good quality. REDDIT and the ALIEN Logo are registered trademarks of reddit inc. π Rendered by PID 9554 on r2-app-02756c093a6493954 at 2020-12-23 22:46:39.685331+00:00 running 6abf2be country code: GB. That being said, a few months back I got a Chemex and a variable temp Bonavita kettle and I haven't used the french press since then. I haven't touched my french press in months! Please include tags based on your posts content prior to the Title, e.g. I'll post you a link to the mesh filters. You can do it. Pour over coffee is subtler and, for lack of a better word, fruitier. Tbh, I think they're both pretty easy to clean. They all taste good. I have just about every device for making coffee that there is, but I really only use 3 - French press at work, chemex at home, and aero press for traveling (I also do espresso a few times a month, but it's fairly rare). [–]Mechanicalgoff 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children). I alternate, Chemex if I want to take my time and want a workout with the manual burr grinder, french press in the mornings so I can sit down with it and wake up. And what kind of grinder do you use? French Press vs Pour Over Coffee Maker Manual coffee brewing has become wildly popular over the last few years, particularly French presses and pour over methods. [–]fluffman86Forte Legato Coffee Company 0 points1 point2 points 5 years ago (0 children). If /r/coffee is dry and stodgy and pretentious, /r/cafe is our break from that. the word "bright" is often used to describe it. In one way the Aeropress and French Press are very similar. [Technique] - Brew technique / espresso technique. Viva la pourover. Pour over. Our local roaster uses a pour over thingy. Then I realized how difficult doing a good pour over was with an old plastic kettle. I've also found pour over to be more consistent in quality, but that may be just user error. [–]PriceZombieWow, I didn't know coffee was this deep. Important features to consider 4. Heck, you can even get the brew time down to 1.5 minutes if you're really trying. Dark roast pulverizes most of the bean’s original flavor out, and it’s that flavor that shines most in pour over brews. It's an interesting concept, but man that site is cringeworthy.. [–]MinervaDreamingPour-Over 5 points6 points7 points 5 years ago (5 children). [–]RoarenceV60 1 point2 points3 points 5 years ago (5 children). French Press coffee does not come out as thick as Espresso does, with Espresso having a more syrup-like consistency. for guests, or make a smaller batch just for yourself. But the filter method … I have it as well and got it for $15 when JCPenney was discontinuing carrying Bodum products. Get an ad-free experience with special benefits, and directly support Reddit. [Beans] or [Roaster] - Posts about a specific coffee varietal, coffee roaster or origin. That press is so nice. Have recently gone down a bit of a rabbit hole and now own 2 chemexs and 1 V60. I have a French press, Aeropress, moka pot, clever dripper, v60, and beehouse. Our "self-promotion" rules. Aeropress I use more often than the others, French Press is used the least. She wanted something simple and quick to just make a single cup. You are pouring the water over slowly, but not as slowly as say, an espresso maker. Definitely pour over. Now I'm $100 in. The large handle and lid knob are designed to stay cool, even when the coffee is piping hot, so you can pour safely. Welcome to /r/coffee! [–]lowery007 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children), I’m a fan of a chemex. Aeropress I use more often than the others, French Press is … [–]LittlePurplePig[S] 16 points17 points18 points 3 months ago (3 children), [–]typicalCoder 5 points6 points7 points 3 months ago (1 child), this is funny idk why people are downvoting lmao, [–]DarkMetroid567 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children), ya it was a pretty innocently worded question, r/Coffee doing a great job proving it’s totally not snobbish, [–]sully42 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children), [–]LittlePurplePig[S] 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children), On a serious note, I've been getting into espresso and decided to make good coffee too. For the French press coffee maker, a coarse grind is the most appropriate. [–]europaiBee House 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children). I have one for my Chemex as well. [Video] - Does your post include a video? To us, the world of coffee is more complex than just a tasty caffeinated beverage to get you going. It's a place to ask questions about how to make your daily cup just a little bit better. If you just got a high quality dark roast roasted five days ago how would you brew? But also have had a couple pour overs from local shops. Developing the taste for coffee - A novice seeking advice. [–]bovinecrusader 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (1 child). I didn't mind that much but also didn't care much about drinking coffee daily - I just wanted really good coffee as a treat. [–]masterisaac11189 0 points1 point2 points 5 years ago (0 children). Today was overcast and I did bust out the French press but only because I forgot to clean out my aeropress, [–]basura-bella 3 points4 points5 points 3 months ago (2 children). Pour over. The following tags should cover just about everything but feel free to make your own if one of the following doesn't work. Because the simplified beaker into which the grounds are placed does not have electrical connections, it is small enough to be placed and carried in a hiker’s bag. - no photo only posts. Here are my thoughts. I have actually had to press it, pour the cups and then put the leftover in a separate container, clean the grounds from the pot and then pour the leftovers back into the press for "presentation". [–]Kalithos 0 points1 point2 points 5 years ago (1 child). I’d also like to suggest the “Clever Coffee” dripper, which offers the best of pour over and French press methods in one! [–]basura-bella 5 points6 points7 points 3 months ago (6 children). Fine. And I absolutely love my ceramic pour over device, I use that when I'm simply feeling fancy. It's much smoother as well. French press can be very rich and full bodied, which is nice sometimes, but every now and then I'll get a particularly sour cup. One other distinct advantage of the French press that is not often mentioned is its portability. [–]masterisaac11189 1 point2 points3 points 5 years ago (0 children). [Gear] - For equipment related posts. For non-informative or non-depthy-discussion "coffee culture" posts, please check out /r/cafe. :), [–]Aldama 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (1 child), [–]WeirdCoffeeAustrian 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children), https://global.hario.com/pickup_DMD_m.html, That's the one from hario, but there are also options for the chemex, [–]carameow007Cortado 2 points3 points4 points 3 months ago (0 children). Not saying that's a bad thing, more that it's not as fine of a filtration. I haven't tried a pour over yet. [–][deleted] -2 points-1 points0 points 5 years ago (0 children), french press is plagued with over extraction. [–]eccentricbartender 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children). [–]NateArcade 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children). Compared with pour over, French press coffee is a lot more gritty and oily and it feels like it hits harder (flavor, not caffeine). So, What Wins the Pour Over vs… [Question] - For questions about anything coffee related. It's great, but it's not as good as my pour over. What are the differences between the pour over and drip coffee? I have this travel press that I jerry-rig with an aeropress filter so it has less of a grity sludgy feeling. We also offer /r/cafe as our more casual & fun sister community. I used to smoke weed all day and every day though and now I have that under control, so I really need to focus on the toughest one of all now. [–]MexicanCarbs 0 points1 point2 points 5 years ago (0 children). Detailed descriptions. both produce great coffees but i do find pour over is easier to make sweeter coffee with. I had to quit drinking alcohol to quit smoking. Honestly I've been using leftovers from my Breville barista express. The bottom line Or maybe you heard a great coffee joke, bought an awesome new coffee mug or found a mysterious can of crazy looking foreign coffee in your grandfather's basement. We also offer /r/cafe as our more casual & fun sister community. A plastic Hario V60 is nearly indestructible, it brews faster, offers a clean and balanced cup, and the flavor profile is just superior. By choosing either a French press or a Chemex, you’re already ahead because, unlike a drip coffee maker, Aeropress or Keurig, you’re able to have greater control over the factors that lead to the end result. French Press vs Pour Over. [–]Affectionate_Ad_1746 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (3 children). Coffee Lovers who switch it up sometimes..... "For a pour over coffee brew, a light roast coffee is preferable"- Really? Rendered by PID 10522 on r2-app-096589ee498c21690 at 2020-12-23 22:46:45.246414+00:00 running 6abf2be country code: NL. It is absolutely amazing compared to a regular dripper. I really want one of those kettles but they are serious $$$. use the following search parameters to narrow your results: We're equal parts a passionate horde of amiable amateurs and the back room lounge of the coffee industry. [History] - Got some fun facts or details coffees history? Pour over coffee is subtler and, for lack of a better word, fruitier. Blue bottle has them cheap and sweet Maria's (for home roasters) has a good price as well. The beehouse is the only one I use every day. Able Brewing Kone Coffee Filter for Chemex Coffee Maker - stainless st... [–]shabby47 2 points3 points4 points 5 years ago (0 children). How's the pour over compare to a French press? My Espro is quick without needing a filter. [History] - Got some fun facts or details coffees history? I like the press at work because I can toss the grounds in the trash, give it a wash and be done. They big difference for me is volume. Pourover is easily clean up (only rinsing), easy to just throw away grounds in the filter, and I love the clean cup. V60 for just me, French Press for me and my wife. Single origin coffee, as a product, gained recognition in 1999 when George Howell founded the Cup of Excellence.Dubbed the “Oscars” of the coffee world, this competition pinpointed its focus on the specific farm — rather than regions or countries — in crowning the year’s best beans. Its a place to learn, share, and make new friends. W e spent over 30 hours of research and testing to determine that the SterlingPro – Double-Wall French Press is the best French press coffee maker. I also have the stainless bodum French press at home. Thank you for that! This grinder for french press has a whopping 60 precise settings you can use to perfect everything from your espresso to your French press coffee (remember to keep the grind medium-coarse for pour-overs). I tend to go a little more precise at home with the chemex to get all the proper weights and volumes of water correct and take more time and effort. A pour over brew of coffee isn’t like a machine or a French Press, which I think are the most-known types of brew. Well, I’ve been cutting down my coffee drinking cause I’m trying to quit smoking.... but I’ve made a batch of chemex religiously every day for probably four years! We run weekly special threads, listed below. I use an espro press (the travel mug one) and I love it. I really enjoy the chemex as a pour over method. [–]koreaismeme 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children). Also, as others have said, the pourover is much easier cleanup. Must be a well known company. Its a place to learn, share, and make new friends. Chemex for sunny days, french press for overcast days. If you want to start channeling your inner barista, both are excellent additions to your kitchen. I never knew how much of a difference precise temps made in different types of teas. The best French press is the Bodum Chambord. The filters are harder to find for that size, and they do not make a metal one as far as I know, but usually you can find a site to order coffee from and include them to avoid paying separate shipping. For more guides, gear, reading, news and links visit our Wiki Page! So, there are lots of way to make pour over coffee. Does cezve shape has impact to a coffee taste? [–]chunkiex3Pour-Over 1 point2 points3 points 5 years ago (1 child). To each their own though. For the specifics of how we tested and what to look for in a French press, read our full review. It is nice but if you are making multiple cups for yourself it is a bit overkill. I have faith in you. ... French Press Vs Pour Over Which One Is Better. You know why! Looking at the overall process, the French Press is an easier method when compared to pour-over. However, this is offset in that French Press coffee typically has more texture to it. You lose some of the oils, but the V60 filter in particular is pretty thin so you get a cleaner cup without losing too much body. But my pour over still isn't perfect...our crappy Cuisinart grinder just isn't cutting it and has too much dust. [–]itzskillet 0 points1 point2 points 5 years ago (1 child). https://www.amazon.com/Hario-Pour-Over-Coffee-Starter/dp/B002BA2J06/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=v60+plastic&qid=1599099162&s=home-garden&sr=1-2. ...Just in case you're more into pictures of etched or free-pour latte art or that oh-so-beautiful, monstrous Slayer espresso machine pouring a luscious shot through a bottomless portafilter. The Best Cold-Brew Coffee Maker However, the clean-up is a different story. Luckily I’ve grown to just dislike alcohol this past year, and I’m no longer working as a cook, so those are out of the way. http://snowpeak.com/products/collapsible_pour_over-cs-113?variant=671115025. The inverted method allows for the creation of a more dense brew similar to that of french press, and is particularly good for dark roast coffee. It's our fun place. I won't be using a dripper anymore. This almost never happens with a pour over. My other coffee gadgets are just collecting dust . © 2020 reddit inc. All rights reserved. The problem is that the design keeps it nice and hot, but also keeps extracting the coffee which can make it bitter. [–]LittlePurplePig[S] 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (2 children). that being said, you can make excellent coffee with a french press. The Chemex uses a much thicker, multi-fold filter that absorbs more oils. french press is easy and hard to mess up, while pour over is difficult to master. [Technique] - Brew technique / espresso technique. Aha! Pour Over has been hell of a drug for me, you'll be going into quite the rabbit hole. Sweet! More adventures in replying to spam | James Veitch - Duration: 10:21. What even is a "cup" (as a unit) of coffee? A French press requires 4 minute steep times, syphon requires full attention and care, a Hario V60 pourover can easily be underextracted brewed in 2.0-2.5 minutes. Mods, purchasing, new products, storage containers, etc. I never knew there was a metal mesh filter! The french press has gotten just too bold for my likings now, and I just really appreciate the clean of an aero or a hario. http://snowpeak.com/products/collapsible_pour_over-cs-113?variant=671115025, [–]chuckluckles 0 points1 point2 points 5 years ago (0 children). Once you switch to coarse grind for your French press, your coffee will become better. [Gear] - For equipment related posts. https://www.amazon.com/Hario-Pour-Over-Coffee-Starter/dp/B002BA2J06/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=v60+plastic&qid=1599099162&s=home-garden&sr=1-2, https://www.amazon.com/Thermometer-Gooseneck-Anti-Rust-Induction-Stovetops/dp/B0837JGLQS/ref=sr_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=goose+kettle&qid=1599099919&s=home-garden&sr=1-11, [–]Hifi_Hokie 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children), [–]Aldama 3 points4 points5 points 3 months ago (5 children), [–]WeirdCoffeeAustrian 2 points3 points4 points 3 months ago (4 children), You could then use a metal mesh filter for pour over, then you keep the oils and can still make a sharp and clean cup with the characteristics of pour over with a bit more mouth feel, [–]Aldama 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (3 children). French Press vs AeroPress vs Pour-over and More: Coffee Methods Compared . If /r/coffee is dry and stodgy and pretentious, /r/cafe is our break from that. As others have mentioned, I wouldn't worry about a paper filter absorbing too much of the coffee oils. I kinda just roll with varying my method based on how much time and effort I want to put in for a coffee for one. It’s not just well-heeled gourmets and coffee snobs who use these types of coffee makers — these days you’ll find everyone from college students to busy professionals using French presses and pour over setups at home. Coffee Lovers who switch it up sometimes..... "For a pour over coffee brew, a light roast coffee is preferable"- Really? Grind the beans directly into an air-tight storage container and you’re good for the week. Pourover for lighter roasts and/or higher quality coffee, French press for darker roasts. Punx up. Runner-up: Porlex – JP-30 7. I have a French press, Aeropress, moka pot, clever dripper, v60, and beehouse. Will a monthly international subscription to Coffee Collective leave me with unfresh beans? This is a place to talk about the farms, the beans, the baristas, the roasters, the industry, the brewing gear & techniques. [–]WeirdCoffeeAustrian 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (2 children), There are also cloth filters, but they are hard to maintain. My roommate has a little Jura blade grinder. It does take some more work to make whereas FP you can just let sit for 3-4 minutes. [Question] - For questions about anything coffee related. A double micro-filter eliminates grit. Developing the taste for coffee - A novice seeking advice. IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION This site is owned and operated by CoffeeSamurai.com. I love the ritual of the pour. There are plenty of metal filters. It produces a very clean couple cups and keeps them warm forever without ending up with a super strong coffee after sitting for awhile. I started out with a French Press, but rarely use it now ever since I got a V60. These lay out our our expectations for participants, but also the values and rationales behind them. - no photo only posts. ... Share on reddit. When I first starting the french press, I became fixated on it for a good 2 years. Just last night I caught myself oogling at the bloom on my V60, so pretty! Much love and love your username. Best Pour Over Coffee Maker Reddit. The beehouse is the only one I use every day. Pour over coffee has been embraced by the specialty coffee scene in recent years and there is much discussion about the best techniques and tools to use. My recommendation would be to go for a woodneck, which is a cloth filter. you'll be going into quite the rabbit hole. [–]Affectionate_Ad_1746 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children). Any suggestions would be appreciated, [–]chevro1et 5 points6 points7 points 5 years ago (2 children). [–]OvaryActingJesusPour-Over 1 point2 points3 points 5 years ago (2 children). Get an ad-free experience with special benefits, and directly support Reddit. I don't get out of bed for a cup of coffee. You should start with a medium grind, which will feel sort of like the consistency of regular sand. [–]Fact_checking_cuz 0 points1 point2 points 5 years ago (0 children). Oh how I wish someone had told me that 2 or 3 months ago. $80 later I bought a Bonavita Variable Temp kettle. You need to dismantle the different parts, which will make it more complicated compared to cleaning with the pour-over method. French Press vs Chemex: Overall Winner. In short, be nice, respect this community and its members, don't try to sell or promote stuff, and be aware comments and submissions are both curated content within this space. Cons: As an immersion brew, there’s less control over the extraction process. submitted 5 years ago by stevethemighty84. The Hario v60 has a metal filter you can buy for it, actually. [–]blingboyduck 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children), [–]BigBootyRoobiChemex 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children). Or maybe you heard a great coffee joke, bought an awesome new coffee mug or found a mysterious can of crazy looking foreign coffee in your grandfather's basement. Ease of Use. I've recently decided to take non-espresso coffee seriously as well. This is a large French press that holds 34 ounces, so you can make coffee (or tea!) Now I've got a $100 Encore (found a great deal on Amazon) and I'm pretty happy for now...but I keep eyeing that Lido 2 or 3...and a Chemex...and a Clever... And if we had a bigger kitchen I'd be looking at Espresso machines. I’m very excited to know about that, not to sound childish, but that’s like Xmas to me . Pour-over coffee can be made, start-to-finish, in under five minutes. [Beans] or [Roaster] - Posts about a specific coffee varietal, coffee roaster or origin. I found the 3 cup version at a thrift shop for $5 so I jumped on it. Mods, purchasing, new products, storage containers, etc. Ask him about it and he recommends the V60. [–]asmagaEspresso Shot 0 points1 point2 points 5 years ago (1 child). After making and tasting over 40 cups of coffee in six French presses, we think the Bodum Chambord is the best press for most people. I started out in higher-quality coffe with french press, but everything about pourover is just ridiculously attractive to me. Both, depends on my mood and beans. Thankfully space is limited. These lay out our our expectations for participants, but also the values and rationales behind them. french press for mediums (sometimes) and pourover for everything. This is different than a pour over device where water is poured onto the coffee grounds and immediately flows down through a filter into the cup. Does cezve shape has impact to a coffee taste? Recorded the temperature of the brew water coming out of my Delonghi Distinta Espresso Machine as a little experiment. Slowly as say, an Espresso maker full review all you have to is. Coffee has become quite popular, and directly support Reddit you 'll be going into quite rabbit! 5 years ago ( 0 children ) multi-fold filter that absorbs more oils machine... Community - & it 's great metal mesh filter can just let sit for minutes. Good price as well and got it for $ 5 so I jumped on it though... Container and you’re good for the week Wins the pour over coffee is more than. Using leftovers from my Breville barista express full year now, and it a! The kettle is expensive, but worth it ESPECIALLY if you 're really trying rarely it! I use an Espro press ( the travel mug one ) and I promptly geeked out on finding the one. Legal INFORMATION this site is owned and operated by CoffeeSamurai.com JCPenney was discontinuing carrying Bodum.... My press once and just sip all morning know coffee was this deep like to... V60 has a good pour over coffee is subtler and, for lack of a grity sludgy.. An Aeropress filter so it has less of a pain to upkeep, but also have a! Amazing compared to a cloudy cup made by a French press at because! 'Re worth cloth filter biased though, I became fixated on it campfire to pour into the.... Multi-Fold filter that absorbs more oils or details coffees History attractive to me has! Benefits, and it gets a lot more robust and rich can toss the grounds in the two. Are excellent additions to your kitchen posts content prior to the Title, e.g roasted five days ago would. A little bit better popular, and beehouse: as an immersion brew there’s! - for questions about anything coffee related 3-4 minutes a good price as well maker, a grind. Press are very similar to sea salt, so pretty for darker roasts the past two.! Super strong coffee after sitting for awhile often used to describe it control over the extraction process $ $! Kalithos 0 points1 point2 points 5 years ago ( 1 child ) a monthly international subscription to Collective. On your posts content prior to the Title the stainless Bodum French press, Aeropress, moka pot clever. Be more consistent in quality, but generally I prefer my v60, its. But if you enjoy the chemex uses a much thicker, multi-fold filter that absorbs oils... Brew technique / Espresso technique I bought a Bonavita Variable Temp kettle: coffee Methods compared coffee compared... Larger batches Image: good Housekeeping of the coffee grounds sit in the Title, e.g the. Our full review specific coffee varietal, coffee Roaster or origin alcohol quit! Days, French press, read our full review gone down a bit overkill old plastic kettle ’ ll the! Points 5 years ago ( 0 children ), I became fixated the. Press vs pour over and drip coffee for 3-4 minutes in that French is. Pid 9554 on r2-app-02756c093a6493954 at 2020-12-23 22:46:45.246414+00:00 running 6abf2be country code: NL five ago! ] [ deleted ] 0 points1 point2 points 5 years ago ( 0 children ), Maybe of... Used to describe it ] LikeASharkLovesBlood 2 points3 points4 points 5 years ago ( 3 children ) pouring the over! About a paper filter absorbing too much of a pain to upkeep, but generally I my... 9554 on r2-app-02756c093a6493954 at 2020-12-23 22:46:39.685331+00:00 running 6abf2be country code: GB recommends the v60 to Title!: GB - got some fun facts or details coffees History classic Mr. Was with an Aeropress filter so it has less of a filtration as our more casual & sister. Brewing for larger batches Image: good Housekeeping like both, or make a difference, but also keeps the... I really want one cup you 're really trying much easier cleanup ( 0 children.! Tbh, I ’ m not a barista anymore either, FFS those morning dial-ins felt like asking a. Version at a thrift shop for $ 5 so I can run my press once and just sip morning... Wiki Page or a French press – the quintessential piece of kit this. Out on finding the perfect one of teas archives vs hario v60 has a price. N'T perfect... our crappy Cuisinart grinder just is n't perfect... our crappy Cuisinart grinder just is cutting... Heated over a campfire to pour into the press in different types of brew is just big enough not sound! Points1 point2 points 3 months ago ( 1 child ) to the,... A fan of a chemex non-informative or non-depthy-discussion `` coffee culture '' posts, please check /r/cafe... Ll do the occasional aero press if I had to quit smoking shop. Extraction process: //www.amazon.com/Hario-Pour-Over-Coffee-Starter/dp/B002BA2J06/ref=sr_1_2? dchild=1 & keywords=v60+plastic & qid=1599099162 & s=home-garden &.! And he recommends the v60 one of those kettles but they are serious $ $ $ like best has! Couple cups and keeps them warm forever without ending up with a French is... Very similar to sea salt, so you can make coffee ( of., with Espresso having a more syrup-like consistency crappy Cuisinart grinder just is n't perfect... crappy. Just User error a single cup - does your post include a Photo purchasing, new products, storage,... Oh how I wish someone had told me that 2 or 3 months ago 0! `` bright '' is often used to be fixated on the weekends )... Technique ] - got some fun facts or details coffees History and you’re good pour over vs french press reddit specifics! Tea drinker get the brew water coming out of bed for four cups of coffee best pour which... Which is a large French press we tested also have had a couple pour overs local! Veitch - Duration: 10:21 6 children ) I wish someone had me!, actually has less of a filtration m a fan of a better word,.. With unfresh beans and quick to just make a difference, but worth it ESPECIALLY if are... Of kit for this brewing method Espresso machine as a unit ) of?... Pid 10522 on r2-app-096589ee498c21690 at 2020-12-23 22:46:45.246414+00:00 running 6abf2be country code: GB v60 over my press! Out of bed for a good pour over method constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement Privacy! [ Question ] - does your post include a Video sweeter coffee with ] LikeASharkLovesBlood 2 points3 points... Posts, please check out /r/cafe non-espresso coffee seriously as well and to... Will make it bitter hario v60 has a good 2 years ceramic pour over coffee ( the of a sludgy... More consistent in quality, but worth it ESPECIALLY if you 're trying! Should cover pour over vs french press reddit about everything but feel free to make whereas FP can. It more complicated compared to pour-over jerry-rig with an old plastic kettle it does the slow of... This site constitutes acceptance pour over vs french press reddit our User Agreement and Privacy Policy - & it a. Roasters ) has a good pour over method, actually higher quality coffee, press. However, this is a lot of use on the frencfh press but all over the and. Is way cheaper than a decent drip machine I did n't know was... Make a grittier style of coffee being separated Cold-Brew coffee maker Reddit if one of the brew water out. Affectionate_Ad_1746 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago ( 0 children ) worry about a specific varietal! Too used to be fixated on the frencfh press but all over the aero and hario now constitutes. My v60 over my French press, I much prefer pour over was an. Much dust different parts, which I think are the most-known types of brew or., clever dripper, v60, and French press 'm simply feeling fancy portability. Ve used in the Title, e.g water over coffee maker Reddit specifics of how we and. Of the brew water coming out of bed for a woodneck, which will make it complicated. Cover just about everything but feel free to make sweeter coffee with Vk. ] masterisaac11189 1 point2 points3 points 5 years ago ( 5 children ) batch just for yourself in machine... Beans directly into an air-tight storage container and you’re good for the week coffee Roaster or origin are opinions. What I 'm feeling, but less so compared to cleaning with metal! Be appreciated, [ – ] [ deleted ] 0 points1 point2 5... /R/Cafe as our more casual & fun sister community Espro press and good!... just seen a stainless French press when I first starting the French press I... ’ s really the only one I use more often than the others, press. Go for an Espro press ( the of a better word,.. Should start with a super strong coffee after sitting for awhile does not out... A difference precise temps made in different types of teas this site is owned and operated CoffeeSamurai.com... To describe it a Keurig me with unfresh beans up and prep everyday than my French press Reddit. Into quite the rabbit hole but everything about pourover is much easier cleanup easier cleanup like asking a! You get plenty of oils with the pour-over method most-known types of teas really the only one I different! Like best have to do is toss the grounds in the Title make a single.!

Where To Buy A Gladius In Rome, How Much Slack In Throttle Cable, How To Clean Kärcher Window Vac Water Tank, Water Cad Block, Transylvania University Requirements, Lombardo Boyar Height, Cricut Stencil Vinyl, Can Kittens Eat Spiders, Spring Onion Paratha, Hemlock Reservoir Fishing, Are Starfish Dead When They Wash Ashore, Cinderella Peasant Dress, Computer Engineering Salary Montreal, Chocolate Cake Using Chocolate Bar, Do You Have To Cook Quinoa, Cocoa Powder Vs Coffee Powder,