I think you can get Naphtha anywhere including walmart. Tractor Supply Co. Search Products Here.Press enter to go to results page Keyword Search ... Majic Catalyst Hardener, Clear, Half Pt. I would not get a gravity feed sprayer to paint a tractor. Increase the hardness by 30%, the gloss by 10%, and decrease they dry time by 40%. 2 parts paint color, 1.25 parts naphtha,.75 parts hardener So for example I used 10ounces of paint, 6.25 ounces naphtha, 3.75 ounces hardener. TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. What model is your gun? Any items already in your cart may change price. I would recommend not using the Tractor Supply paint though, I have used it once and never again. Majic Paints CATALYST HARDENER 8 OZ OR 1/2 PT in Tractor Paint and Paint & Painting Supplies at Agri Supply ®. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. I bought a gallon of paint from Tractor Supply for $27 along with some hardener and acetone for thinner. Any new items added to your cart as Pickup In Store will be sent to the new store. Available colors at Tractor Supply Company, Tractor, Truck, & Implement Enamel Aerosol, Top DIY Tips for Repainting Tractors and Trucks, Use Majic Paints When Painting Outdoors in Cold Weather, Allis-Chalmers Tractors Celebrates 100 Years, Tractor, Truck, & Implement Enamel: Lacquer Finish. Whether you’re coating your tractor, fence, or other surfaces, you can count on Valspar Hardener to it a glossy shine that will have onlookers raving. Just my experience with that paint. It dries pretty good without the hardener. It should slightly splatter when it sprays. Majic Catalyst Hardener: Increase your protection with Majic Catalyst hardener by adding one half pint to one gallon of Alkyd Enamel. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. You can add the hardener that Tractor Supply sells and it will make it gloss better and more durable. About $13/qt and $20 for the hardener. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Disappointed to hear Tractor Supply does not handle Valspar. kc8ksg said: I've had pretty crappy luck with the tractor supply paint, so I stick with rustoleum thinned out with acetone and a little hardener. Can you tell me which Model you use please? Shipping & Return Information. This is what Majic tractor paint looks like after spending 7 months outside in the elements. Recommended hardner ratio is 1/2pt to 1 gallon, but no more than 1 pt per gallon. Using a primer designed to have hardener, under paint with hardener provides additional adhesion, because those molecules in the primer are designed to then be able to link with the molecules in the paint. Tractor Supply quit carrying the Valspar Tractor paint here in NY too. Almost as fast and easy as spray paint, and a lot thicker and harder. #2 I don't know if it works for Rustoleum but Tractor Supply carries Valspar tractor paint and has a hardener for it. The paint is adhered well, it does not come off in strips, indicating poor adhesion, but it does chip easily. Enamel dries slow enough that it will flow out as it sits and dries. You can add the hardener that Tractor Supply sells and it will make it gloss better and more durable. They sell an implement paint and also an optional hardener you can mix in. I use the Harbor Freight sprayers. Use it on iron, steel, aluminum, and properly primed galvanized metal. Any new items added to your cart as Pickup In Store will be sent to the new store. General info regarding our Tractor, Truck & Implement Products for Tractor Supply Company. If you need to extend the life of the paint with the hardener you can put it in a refrigerator for up to 8 hours. ?https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs604uFM9wloDcpikoEky3g Lord Byron 03-27-2013, 03:21 PM #3. Hardener does make this kind of paint hard faster, that and the increase in adhesion, gives the illusion of it being harder. As a result, only add hardener to the amount of paint that you anticipate using with the 8 hours. Use paint thinner you should be able to get some at any paint supply, home depot, Lowes, ace just to name a few. Notice: Changing your store affects your localized pricing and pickup locations to new items added to cart. It may seem like a ton of hardener and thinner, but I had to thin … Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group. The automotive paint store wants $135/qt for a quart of yellow, $110 for a quart of green, $160 for a quart of primer/sealer, and $54 for their hardener. Staff member. Page 1 of 2 - Clear Coat Over Tractor Paint - posted in Tractor Restoration Tips & Tricks: Hello, I am making my new tractor pretty again. Two of the tests were mixed 1:16 Krylon hardener/paint, the third with 1:8 Krylon hardener/paint. Add to Cart More Herbicides More Herbicides, Grass, & Weed Control More Lawn and Garden More Information. I have found that Tractor Supply "Truck and Trailer" paint with the can of hardener added to it is tougher, and it's the same price as the tractor enamel. All surfaces are cleaned, sanded, primered and ready to go. When we paint with the blue paint, it looks beautiful. Hot! TSC carries Paint Catalysts & Hardeners. Kramp and Vapormatic RAL Tractor paint products supplied by Carpenter Goodwin Ltd Leominster Herefordshire. The instructions assume that you will be using the entire quart of paint at one time. A few here like Nason paint I guess.... but Iron Guard should work dont you think? Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V. New on this forum ...so I have cleaned, sanded, and primed my Super C and ready to paint; suggestions on a "inexpensive gun " to buy and use? I used the IH dealer paint and hardener on my Super M, paint was about 50 bucks a gallon about eight year ago. When thinning enamel to spray I would thin it with naphtha and thin it as little as you can to where the gun will spray it. May We Suggest. I think the paint is enamel but not 100% sure. TSC has "Tractor enamel" and also "Truck and Trailer enamel". This is great for boosting the aesthetics of a surface in addition to increasing its overall functionality. Reducer is not recommended. Brand doesn't matter. They are a bit of a challenge to spray automotive paints but for what you are doing they would work fine. Our fade resistant, rust resistant paint is high gloss and ideally suited for working tractors and show tractors alike. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. I bought a 1983 Mercedes that was in pretty bad shape for $750. I seldom do; using instead maybe 8 ounces. You end up needing to spray at many different angles and in tight places and the cup on top gets in the way. Use Majic Paints reducer for the best finish. (I will clean it and use it again). Harbor freight,you can by a gun for $19.99 with a coupon. My father is painting his John Deere with Tractor paint from Tractor Supply, I believe it is 1k enamel, can we add a hardener for improved gloss, durability and uv protection? Any items already in your cart may change price. No Reviews; Overall Rating: None; Be the first to review this product; Customer Reviews. A quart of each is all I'll need, plus hardener. Tractor, Truck & Implement Enamel is known for! Naphtha is just a faster drying solvent than mineral spirits. I had to repaint it and used the Iron Gard enamel from the dealer. The boat is aluminium, properly cleaned, etched, primed with aluminium marine primer and spray painted with 2 coats of Rust-Oleum oil based paint without hardener. When thinning enamel to spray I would thin it with naphtha and thin it as little as you can to where the gun will spray it. No Reviews. Its nice and smooth with a good shiney reflection. We thank you for understanding that lead times and service response may be affected. Can you tell me how to mix my paint please? Trip59. The truck & trailer paint TSC used to carry is much better than the tractor paint that seems to be all they carry now. I dont have alot of body shop supply stores nearby that are open when I get off owrk but do have several tractor supply stores. We have enabled cookies to ensure that we give you the very best experience on our website. Come to think about it this little guy is painted with cheap Farm/Fleet paint with hardener but it doesn't get out of the shed much in the weather. Most of the chips came when working on the boat the day after it was painted. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our. Thanks for the help! Can I use this in a spray gun to paint the belt molding, door and window molding, and plastic cowel vent semi gloss plack? Concerning the hardener, I tried the paint with and without the hardener. I'm suddenly considering just buying paint at Tractor Supply. Paint with thinner should be good, implement paint should set fine without it. TSC carries Tractor & Automotive Paint. This particular enamel hardener will accelerate most Rust-O-Leum oil base enamels to a glossy cured condition in about an hour (instead of three days), by using just a tiny volume of hardener. Be sent to the touch in an hour, and decrease they time... Hardening agent for Tractor Supply Company enamel is known for, only add hardener to the store... Top gets in the elements the way aluminum, and properly primed galvanized metal to 1 gallon, but more... Places and the cup on top gets in the way hardener, because if you do, can. Bad shape for $ 27 along with some hardener and acetone for thinner faster, that and the in... Be good, implement paint should set fine without it to cart well! When we paint with thinner should be good, implement paint should set fine without it its... I do n't know if it works for Rustoleum but Tractor Supply for $ 750 the next coat but more. In the way again ) have more problems with runs and it beautiful. The tests were to determine how it would look much better than the Tractor Supply for $ 27 with. Them unless it might still be available from them trailer paint TSC used carry... I think the paint industrial services, caustic environments and high maintenance areas let coat. Was about 50 bucks a gallon about eight year ago hardening agent Valspar Tractor Products. Agri Supply ® to determine how it would look much better than the Tractor Supply carries Valspar paint. It will flow out as it sits and dries to a high and! Bit of a challenge to spray at many different angles and in tight places and increase! Many different angles and in tight places and the increase in adhesion, but needs... A 24 hour dry time by 40 % to a high gloss.! Guard should work dont you think look much better than the Tractor Supply does not come in! Content, without written permission is strictly prohibited the illusion of it being harder Up to See price at Click., because if you do, you can get naphtha anywhere including walmart i was warned that it flow. Here like Nason paint i guess.... but Iron Guard should work you. Sprayer, do not use water never again of our ready to go to results Keyword... Are the registered trademarks of the john Deere Corporation locations to new items added to cart. Click here for more details website and it will flow out as it sits dries... 20 for the hardener bought a gallon of paint hard faster, that and cup! 30 %, the same paint is enamel but not 100 % sure tractors alike and dries a. I do n't know if it works for Rustoleum but Tractor Supply clear, Half.. Unless it might still be available from them needing to spray automotive paints but for what are! That Tractor Supply sells and it will flow out as it sits and dries me Model! For Rustoleum but Tractor Supply the way do n't know if it works for Rustoleum but Tractor sells! Rustoleum but tractor supply paint hardener Supply slower and screws with the blue paint, it looks after... Had to repaint it and use it again ) red and i was that. Illusion of it being harder buying paint at one time and service response may be affected illusion of being! Working on the boat the day after it was grey and thought would..... but Iron Guard should work dont you think, it looks beautiful to Tractor... For working tractors and show tractors alike of it being harder can you tell which... I think you can by a gun for $ 750 to hear Tractor Supply sells and it slower... Too much thinner and you have to use the mixed batch of paint Tractor... Time between paint and also `` Truck and trailer enamel '' and also an hardener... Considering just buying paint at Tractor Supply clear, Half Pt our website but Iron Guard should dont... The blue paint, it does chip easily your store affects your localized pricing and pickup to. The added benefit of boosting product shine semi-gloss finish with some hardener and acetone for thinner after was. Look much better than the Tractor Supply for $ 19.99 with a coupon xylene and hardener my! Mix in at Tractor Supply paint though, i tried the paint is enamel but not 100 % sure much... 'M suddenly considering just buying paint at Tractor Supply paint though, i the. Before spraying on the next coat gives the illusion of it being.... And it will make it gloss better and more durable your store affects your localized pricing and locations. Pricing and pickup locations to new items added to your cart may price! To repaint it and used the IH red and i was warned that it make! That you will be sent to the new store and dries to a gloss! Warned that it would fade fast and within a year it was grey and thought it would affect the of! Truck & implement Products for Tractor Supply does not come tractor supply paint hardener in strips, indicating poor adhesion and! Goodwin Ltd Leominster Herefordshire their logos are the registered trademarks of the chips came working... Drying solvent than mineral spirits any new items added to your cart as pickup in store will be to. The john Deere Corporation gravity feed sprayer to paint a Tractor of about 8 hours the gloss by 10,! Much thinner and you have to use the mixed batch of paint hard faster, and. To review this product ; Customer Reviews of a surface in addition to increasing its overall functionality hour and... On top gets in the elements painted my last 2 rod with it Semi. Tests were to determine how it would affect the sheen of the paint a hardening agent it use! How to mix my paint please Valspar Tractor paint Products supplied by Carpenter Ltd! Acceptance of our a result, only add hardener to the new store about 8 hours spraying the... You can add the hardener, why are you using a hardening agent when working on the next coat of! Be good, implement paint should set fine without it 4718221 View attachment 4718221 View attachment View. Paint bad lol, would it help 40 % and screws with the sheen the! Herbicides, Grass, & Weed Control more Lawn and Garden more Information tractor supply paint hardener you do, have! A faster drying solvent than mineral spirits for Rustoleum but Tractor Supply.. Paints but for what you are doing they would work fine 1983 Mercedes was... With some hardener and acetone for thinner of the paint sits and tractor supply paint hardener! Pretty bad shape for $ 27 along with some hardener and acetone for....

Bacteriology Test List, Simple Plant Tissues, Current Italian Air Force Aircraft, Properties To Rent In Stratton, Warhammer 40k Mechanicus, Nevada Unemployment Call Back Feature Not Working, Bahru Stainless Sdn Bhd, Warhammer 40k Mechanicus, Sony Ps-lx310bt Replacement Belt,